TERMS & CONDITIONS
This booking is for sole use of the Barn and Gardens on the stated date. It is for a minimum of 50 adult guests (minimum of 75 adult guests on Saturdays during March, April and October and Bank Holiday Sundays and a minimum of 100 adult guests on Saturdays May to September and Saturdays in December. Where government guidelines stipulate a smaller maximum number this will then be the minimum number) for a Wedding party at a catering charge of £38 - £50 per head dependent on your menu choices and number of guests. This may or may not be followed by an evening party as preferred.
Our payment terms are a deposit of £1000 and £50 for the DJ, if required, to reserve your date with the balance of the Barn Hire and 50% of the estimated food and drinks cost payable six months before your date. The remaining balance of the estimated cost is payable two weeks in advance of your date with any remaining balance payable two weeks after. Final numbers are required one week before your date.
Cancellation by Notley Tythe Barn
Unless we cancel your booking because you have seriously breached the terms of your Agreement, or due to an Unexpected Event (please see Booking Term 3) we will refund all payments made by you.
Cancellation by You (the Client)
2.3If you cancel your booking, you agree that the payment terms set out in the Payment Terms table above apply. All monies once paid are non refundable.
3.1An Unexpected Event (otherwise known as a ‘force majeure event’) means a cause or circumstance not within our reasonable control (as listed below) which effects the performance of our obligations under our Agreement.
- Acts of God (flood, drought, earthquake, other natural disaster, severe weather warning or adverse weather event).
- Collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident.
- Epidemic or pandemic (this includes but is not limited to Covid-19).
- Terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relation.
- Nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom.
- Any law or any action taken by a government or public authority including with limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition
- Interruption or failure of utility service.
- Our reasonable expenses incurred in direct relation to your booking up to the date of cancellation and our unavoidable expenses we will incur in relation to your booking after the date of the cancellation (for example, expenses we are committed to pay to suppliers and pre ordered products that we cannot cancel).